Requirements to Play: PMDG Global Flight Operations
Important Information about your digital purchase from PMDG Simulations.
ACCESS TO DIGITAL ENTITLEMENTS PURCHASED FROM PMDG SIMULATIONS REQUIRES INSTALLATION OF PMDG OPERATIONS CENTER CLIENT SOFTWARE AND ACCEPTANCE OF PMDG END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT.
Requirements for PC users:
Requirements for MOBILE users:
PRODUCT SPECIFIC DISCLOSURES
All Terms outlined in this agreement apply to PMDG products used within the PMDG Global Operations environment.
Compatible products not developed or published by PMDG remain the responsibility of their publisher, except that all Terms outlined in this agreement apply when the product is used within the PMDG Global Flight Operations environment.
Epilepsy and Virtual Reality Health Warnings
Epilepsy Warning – Please read before using game or allowing your children to use it.
Some people are susceptible to epileptic seizures or loss of consciousness when exposed to certain flashing lights or light patterns in everyday life. Such people may have a seizure while watching television images or playing certain video games. This may happen even if the person has no medical history of epilepsy or has never had any epileptic seizures. If you or anyone in your family has ever had symptoms related to epilepsy (seizures or loss of consciousness) when exposed to flashing lights, consult your doctor prior to playing.
We advise that parents should monitor the use of video games by their children. If you or your child experience any of the following symptoms: dizziness, blurred vision, eye or muscle twitches, loss of consciousness, disorientation, any involuntary movement or convulsion, while playing a video game, discontinue use IMMEDIATELY and consult your doctor.
Precautions to Take During Use
- Do not stand too close to the screen. Sit a good distance away from the screen, as far away as the length of the cable allows.
- Preferably play the game on a small screen.
- Avoid playing if you are tired or have not had much sleep.
- Make sure that the room in which you are playing is well lit.
- Rest for at least 10 to 15 minutes per hour while playing a video game.
Virtual Reality (VR)
To use PMDG content in a VR environment, you need to have a compatible headset and any additional hardware as may be required.
To make the most of your VR experience, take care to do the following before you play to limit the risk of injury or other adverse impacts on your health:
- Read any health and safety warnings in your VR headset manual.
- Make sure you have plenty of space to play, and remove any obstacles - this includes making sure that other people or pets don’t interrupt your play as you may not be able to see or hear everything around you while playing.
- Sound volumes should be kept at a low enough level so that you can be aware of your surroundings while playing, and to avoid any damage to your hearing.
- If you have experienced epileptic symptoms in the past, you should speak to your doctor before playing VR.
When playing, please do the following:
- It is best to stay seated.
- Take breaks from gameplay every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Users may experience motion sickness, repetitive motion injuries and eyestrain as the result of using VR. If you feel disoriented or unwell or experience any other discomfort, stop playing VR immediately.
Additional important health information from the main headset manufacturers is available below. Please review the information carefully before playing your virtual reality game.
c. Oculus Rift
Samsung Gear VR
Use of Data
When you use a PMDG Service, PMDG may collect and store data from your computer or device, including information about your computer or device and operating system (such as IP Address and device ID), information about your PMDG Service usage, gameplay and usage statistics, system interactions and peripheral hardware. If you play a PMDG Service offline, this data will be stored on your device and transmitted to PMDG when your device connects to the Internet. PMDG uses this information to operate its business, operate our products, improve its products and services, provide services to and communicate with you (including for marketing purposes), provide software updates, dynamically served content and software support, and trouble-shoot bugs or otherwise enhance your experience. If you participate in online services, PMDG also may collect, use, store, transmit and publicly display statistical data regarding game play (including scores, rankings and achievements), or identify content that is created and shared by you with other players.